Brunenavs and Baer stand out for Maple Grove | News, Sports, Jobs
Maple Grove’s Abby Brunenavs and Lukas Baer continued their momentum in the Chautauqua-Cattaraugus Athletic Association cross-country action on Tuesday at Fredonia High School.
Brunenavs won the girls ‘race in 20: 45.02 and Baer won the boys’ race in 16:49 while Maple Grove won the girls ‘race with 24 points and finished second in the boys’ race with 39 points.
Falconer / Cassadaga Valley was the winner of the boys’ team with 35 points, led by Joseph Krenzer in second place. Fredonia finished third with 61 points, led by ninth Ledreth Velez-Olmo. Randolph was fourth with 107 points, followed by third Roan Kelly.
In the women’s team results, Falconer / Cassadaga Valley was second with 55 points, led by Hannah Madonia, third. Fredonia finished fourth with 67 points, punctuated by Julia LeBaron, 10th, and Randolph fourth with 78 points, led by Sydney Smith, fourth.
1. Lukas Baer (MG); 2. Joseph Krenzer (F / CV); 3. Roan Kelly (D); 4. Ben Cornell (MG); 5. Sean Verbosky (MG); 6. Devin Austin (F / CV); 7. Alex Hudson (F / CV); 8. Wyatt Harrington (F / CV); 9. Ledreth Velez-Olmo (F); 10. Adam Lesch (F). T â 16: 49
1. Abby Brunenavs (MG); 2. Allison Bohall (MG); 3. Hannah Madonia (F / CV); 4. Sydney Smith (D); 5. Hannah Tarbrake (MG); 6. Ava Emke (SC / F); 7. Lizzie Lai (MG); 8. Sarah Elder (F / CV); 9. Rachael Birath (F / CV); 10. Julia LeBaron (F). T â 20: 45.02
LEWIS LEADS THE TROJENS
WEST ELLICOTT – The boys from Southwestern and the girls from Clymer / Sherman / Panama dominated a meet at Southwestern Central School.
Nate Lewis’s time of 17:27 for first place led the Trojans to a victory with 19 points. C / S / P was second for the boys with 58 points, ahead of Michael Raven, fourth. Olean was third with 60 points, led by Jack DeRose, fifth. Dunkirk was incomplete.
Solki Martin-Lacayo took first place in the girls with a time of 22:24 to lead the Wolfpack by 19 points. Southwestern was second with 40 points, led by sixth-place Gabrielle Wigren. Olean and Dunkirk were incomplete.
1. Nate Lewis (S); 2. Ethan Luce (S); 3. Trenton shutters (S); 4. Michael Raven (C / S / P); 5. Jack DeRose (O); 6. Brendan Luce (S); 7. Jake Johnson (S); 8. Donavin Brown (S); 9. Lucas Peterson-Volz (O); 10. Sam Kautzman (S). T â 17: 27
1. Solki Martin-Lacayo (C / S / P); 2. Tayden People (C / S / P); 3. Siera Porpiglia (D); 4. Sara Thomas (O); 5. Deidre Cavness (C / S / P); 6. Gabrielle Wigren (S); 7. Grace Anderson (S); 8. Brooke Warner (C / S / P); 9. Eve Johnson (C / S / P); 10. Cassie Marucci (C / S / P). T â 22: 24
BEAR TITANS EDGE
FRANKLINVILLE – Maddox Bush and Grant Cornell of Franklinville / Ellicottville beat Xander Pitts of Frewsburg to the finish line as the Titans took first place with 34 points.
The Bears finished with 36 points and Gowanda had 57 behind seventh place Drew Schull.
On the girls’ side, Gowanda’s Autumn Pupo took first place to lead the Panthers to first place team with 24 points.
Franklinville / Ellicottville finished second with 35 points after Tarryn Herman’s fourth place. Rylee Gore of Frewsburg was second, but the Bears were incomplete.
1. Maddox Bush (F / E); 2. Grant Cornell (F / E); 3. Alex Pitts (French); 4. Cayden hatch (F / E); 5. Toby Gifford (French); 6. Juvenal Diaz (FrÃ©); 7. Drew Schull (G); 8. Jason Twoguns (G); 9. Hunt Bolen (L); 10. Jack Tharnish (WV). T â N / A
1. Autumn pupo (G); 2. Rylee Gore (French); 3. Callie Hudson (G); 4. Tarryn Herman (F / E); 5. Teghan Trocki (French); 6. Nicole Burton (F / E); 7. Victoria Parrish (WV); 8. Kailyn Farner (G); 9. Miranda Kaminski (L); 10. Margaret McAuley (F / E). T â N / A
RED GATORS TOP RAIDERS
JAMESTOWN – Allegany-Limestone’s Maddie Straub won the girls ‘race and Daniel Casey won the boys’ race as the Gators beat Jamestown at the Martin Road complex.
Allegany-Limestone finished with 26 points for the boys and 20 points for the girls.
Jamestown finished with 30 points in the boys ‘race, led by fourth Tyler Zwald, and 38 points in the girls’ race, punctuated by third place Belle Johnson.
1. Daniel Casey (AL); 2. Jacob Brink (AL); 3. Alex Redeye (AL); 4. Tyler Zwald (J); 5. Knight Maxwell (J); 6. Colton Cappalino (J); 7. Mason McVinney (J); 8. Jaymin Morano (J); 9. Kevin Voegelin (AL); 10. Holden Putney (J). T â 17: 54
1. Maddie Straub (AL); 2. Ashlyn Collins (AL); 3. Belle Johnson (J); 4. Lilianna Peters (AL); 5. Myah Crossley (J); 6. Erin Sheehy (AL); 7. Lilly Coulter (AL); 8. Brady Ryanna (S); 9. Alyson Canfield (J); 10. Addison Zahn (J). T â 21: 12