The Yellow Jackets continue to climb the G-MAC rankings
CEDARVILLE, Ohio – Andy Volk scored twice and Cedarville won its third in a row with a 2-1 result against Kentucky Wesleyan in the regular season home finale.
The Yellow Jackets, 8-5-1 overall and 6-4 G-MAC, climbed to third place in the standings with four games to play – all on the road.
Volk completed a nice trade with Victor Pomelli at the seventh minute.
However, the much improved Panthers tied the game less than two minutes later.
Jacques Johnson set up Volk for a finish to the far post from ten yards out in the 20th minute in what was the game winner.
Matthias Dewhurst stopped two shots on his second straight start in net.
- Volk’s goals were the eighth and ninth of his career.
- Pomelli leads the team with four assists.
- KWC entered the game leading the G-MAC in goals scored (34) while CU allowed the fewest (9).
- The Jackets have won four of their last five games by outscoring the opposition, 9-4.
- Cedarville has won all 19 all-time series meetings against the Panthers.
- The teams meet in Owensboro, Ky. on October 20.